What is Bladder cancer?
Bladder is an important organ which store urine. When incorporated growths or tumor on bladder lining occurs then it is called bladder cancer.
Sign and Symptoms:
- Dysuria (Discomfort during urination)
- Frequency and Urgency
- Hematuria (blood in Urine)
- Dropping of urine always.
- Weight loss
- Cystoscopy (EUA)
- Urine R/M/E and other baselines
- Abdominal CT scan
- Chest CT scan and Brain MRI (in case of Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer)
- Biopsy (confirmatory)
- FDG PET CT ( >cT3 and selected case of cT2)
- Germ line testing if age <45 years and or family history of colon/endometrial cancer
- Chemotherapy (Systemic and Intravesical)
- Surgery (TURBT, Cystectomy)
- Intravesical BCG
What are the risk factors:
- Family history
- Chemical workers specially who deals with aromatic amines and Poly cyclic aromatic hydrocarbon.
- Genetic mutation
- Previous Radiotherapy along this area
- Long standing bladder inflammation or infection.
- Male and older age
- Don’t drink Alcohol
- Special caution for whom work on chemical factory.
- Regular exercise
- Healthy diet
- Cessation of smoking/Don’t smoke.